Whether you’re living on your own for the first time or you have a whole family you’re cooking for, few people enjoy the process of planning meals for the week. Not only are the myriad of options overwhelming, making it difficult to decide, but trying a new recipe can sometimes mean buying too much of a particular ingredient that you may not use again in the near future, resulting in food waste. Couple these concerns with the rising cost of food delivery, and it’s no wonder so many folks get stressed when trying meal plan while also finding it difficult to eat well on a budget.
Enter Blue Apron, a meal-delivery service that makes meal-planning both easy and affordable. Best of all, you can earn BIG points on Blue Apron meal kits when you use the Fetch app. Don’t have Fetch? Download our receipt rewards app today, and start earning points that you can redeem for free gift cards.
Still have questions about Blue Apron? Fetch has you covered!
What is Blue Apron?
Blue Apron is a meal kit delivery service that not only eliminates the stress of deciding, “What should we eat tonight?” but also the hassle of needing to make a trip to the grocery store to acquire all the necessary ingredients. This is because, each week, Blue Apron will ship you a box containing the recipes that you’ve picked, along with the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients you need to make those recipes.
Why is their meal kit delivery service called “Blue Apron”?
According to their website, the name “Blue Apron” is meant to be a nod to chefs who actually wear blue aprons while first learning how to cook. The company prides itself on the accessibility of their meal kit prep for all culinary skill levels, and the blue apron is seen as a symbol of those who are learning how to cook.
How does Blue Apron work?
Blue Apron couldn’t be an easier service to use. Each week, all you have to do is:
- Review their menu of meal kit recipe options for the following week.
- Choose the meals you want based on the amount of meal kits you’ve chosen to receive per week (2, 3, 4, or 5).
When your box of Blue Apron meal kits arrive, you simply refrigerate them until you’re ready to cook one of them.
Blue Apron meal kit options
- 2-Serving Signature: “Ever-changing mix of meat, fish, and health-conscious offerings” for two people
- Vegetarian: “Meat-free dishes that celebrate the best of seasonal produce” for two people
- 4-Serving Signature: “Recipes for families, get-togethers, or left-overs, with a variety of options that change weekly, including meat, fish and other health-conscious offerings” for four people
Additionally, Blue Apron lets you further customize the selection of meals you receive by having you choose from the following preferences:
- Chef Favorites: “Our Test Kitchen’s top picks”
- Wellness: “Nutritionist-approved recipes that don’t sacrifice flavor”
- Family Friendly: “Classic flavors the whole family with love”
- Fast & Easy: “Recipes designed for low prep or quick cook times”
Is Blue Apron healthy?
Not only does Blue Apron have vegetarian options, but they also offer low-calorie meal kits (600 calories or less) as a part of all of their weekly menus. Choosing their Wellness meals, which are “balanced recipes designed for your holistic health in collaboration with our nutritionist,” means Blue Apron will automatically prioritize these low-calorie meal options for you.
What if I want to skip one of my Blue Apron deliveries?
If for whatever reason there are no recipes that appeal to you during a given week, it’s really easy to skip that week’s delivery, and you can skip Blue Apron meal kit deliveries up to five weeks in advance. You just need to designate those skip weeks by the “Changeable before” date.
To skip a week of Blue Apron delivery on desktop:
- Head to your Upcoming page.
- Locate the delivery you’d like to skip, and select ‘Skip’ to the right of the delivery day.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm. To skip, select ‘Skip.’
- You’ll see a red ‘x’ next to the delivery date once saved.
To skip a week of Blue Apron delivery on mobile:
- Head to the Upcoming tab on the bottom navigation bar.
- Select the delivery date you’d like to skip.
- Tap on the ‘Manage’ button and then ‘Skip this Delivery.’
- To help us improve, you may be asked for feedback on the reason why you’d like to skip the delivery.
- You can confirm you’ve successfully skipped by locating the red ‘x’ next to the delivery date.
How much is Blue Apron?
Blue Apron meal kits are not only cheaper than food delivery services, but their pricing is often as cheap as, if not cheaper than, fast food, while still offering you better ingredients and nutrition. The cost of your Blue Apron meals will depend both on whether you’re opting for 2- or 4-serving meals, as well as how many meals you’re requesting per week (2, 3, 4, or 5).
2-serving Blue Apron meal kit pricing
- 2 meals per week: $12.49 per serving*
- 3 meals per week: $10.99 per serving*
- 4 meals per week: $9.99 per serving*
- 5 meals per week: $9.49 per serving*
4-serving Blue Apron meal kit pricing
- 2 meals per week: $9.99 per serving*
- 3 meals per week: $9.49 per serving*
- 4 meals per week: $8.99 per serving*
- 5 meals per week: $7.99 per serving*
Is Blue Apron worth it?
Considering the fact you can now easily spend a minimum of $8-10 or more per person when ordering fast food, the value of Blue Apron’s meal kits is really impressive. For around the same cost, depending on the amount of servings and meals per week you choose, you’ll get fresh ingredients and recipes mailed right to your doorstep. Those looking to eat healthier and not spend an arm and a leg at a specialty foods store would do well to check out Blue Apron’s upcoming menus and consider signing up for Blue Apron.
Eat like a chef and boost your Fetch points balance with Blue Apron meal kits
Right now, you can supercharge your Fetch points balance when you opt to bring the convenience and value of Blue Apron to your home kitchen. Check out your current offers in the Fetch app, give Blue Apron a try, and let us know what you think! Your tummy and your bank account both will thank you.
*Pricing subject to change. See Blue Apron’s website for up-to-date pricing.
The latest from Team Fetch.
You Might Also Like
Visit Unleashed for all the latest Fetch content