Ice cream is the essential summer treat, but what if you are shopping and need to make sure you’re buying the right ice cream? What if you need to make sure you make a splash at the party with a unique but popular flavor? Fetch has you covered with purchase data to make sure you make the right choice!
What is the most popular ice cream flavor in the US?
Americans love ice cream, Fetch’s purchase data shows that vanilla (24% of all ice cream purchases) followed by chocolate (20%), strawberry (8%), peanut butter (3%), and finally almond (3%) are the most popular ice cream flavors in the US.
Those are the most popular ice cream flavors as well as the top ice cream flavors in every state. While ice cream has changed over the years, it also really hasn’t…
Unique ice cream flavors
In the United States, there is a wide range of unique and creative ice cream flavors that go beyond the traditional options. Here are some examples of unique ice cream flavors enjoyed in the US:
- Bacon: Bacon-flavored ice cream combines the sweetness of ice cream with the savory and smoky taste of bacon, creating a unique and unexpected flavor combination.
- Lavender: Lavender-infused ice cream offers a floral and aromatic taste that is both refreshing and soothing.
- Wasabi: Wasabi ice cream provides a spicy kick with the distinctive flavor of wasabi, often combined with sweet ingredients to balance the heat.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil ice cream delivers a creamy and smooth texture with the subtle flavors of extra virgin olive oil, resulting in a unique taste experience.
- Sweet Corn: Sweet corn ice cream captures the essence of fresh corn, offering a slightly sweet and creamy flavor reminiscent of summer.
These are just a few examples, and the world of unique ice cream flavors is continuously expanding with creative combinations and culinary innovations. Local ice cream shops and artisanal producers often offer their own distinctive flavors, making ice cream tasting a fun and adventurous experience.
Ice cream preferences in the US
In the United States, ice cream preferences can vary widely based on personal taste, regional traditions, and seasonal variations. However, there are several popular and common ice cream preferences that are widely enjoyed across the country:
- Vanilla: Vanilla ice cream remains a perennial favorite in the United States. Its creamy and simple flavor serves as a versatile base for various toppings, mix-ins, and desserts.
- Chocolate: Another classic choice, chocolate ice cream is loved for its rich, indulgent flavor. It comes in various variations like dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or chocolate fudge swirls.
- Cookies and Cream: This flavor combines vanilla ice cream with chocolate sandwich cookies, creating a delightful blend of creamy and crunchy textures.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: Mint-flavored ice cream infused with chocolate chips is a popular choice, offering a refreshing and cool taste with bursts of chocolatey goodness.
- Strawberry: Strawberry ice cream, made with real strawberries or strawberry flavoring, provides a fruity and refreshing option that is particularly popular during the summer months.
- Butter Pecan: Butter pecan ice cream is favored for its creamy, buttery base combined with crunchy toasted pecans, creating a sweet and nutty combination.
- Rocky Road: This flavor typically features chocolate ice cream with swirls of marshmallows and chunks of almonds or walnuts. It provides a mix of textures and flavors.
- Neapolitan: Neapolitan ice cream consists of three classic flavors arranged side by side—vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry—allowing people to enjoy a variety of tastes in a single scoop.
- Coffee: Coffee-flavored ice cream appeals to coffee lovers, providing a creamy and cold version of the beloved caffeinated beverage.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter ice cream offers a rich and creamy taste with a strong peanut butter flavor. It can be enjoyed on its own or combined with chocolate or other mix-ins.
It’s important to note that ice cream preferences can vary by region, and seasonal flavors or limited-edition options can also influence the popularity of certain choices. Additionally, people often enjoy a wide variety of unique and creative flavors available at local ice cream shops and artisanal producers.
Don’t forget to scoop up those receipts
Fetch has many ice cream options to earn points on, make sure when you do buy your ice cream you’re snapping that receipt. You may also use your rewards points to treat the family to a night out with ice cream!
You Might Also Like
Visit Unleashed for all the latest Fetch content